EHMA 2019 Conference brings unique group of healthcare management experts to Espoo
The European Health Management Association’s 2019 Annual conference will take place on 17 – 19 June at Aalto University Dipoli in Espoo, Finland. The conference, hosted by the HUS Helsinki University Hospital and the National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL), will bring together approximately 500 healthcare management experts from around the world to discuss this year’s theme of Health Management 2.0.
- The EHMA Board sees the presidency of the Council of the European Union which will be held by the Finnish government from July 2019 and the impending health system reforms as the ideal backdrop to holding our Annual Conference in Finland, says Professor Federico Lega, President of EHMA.
The conference is an excellent opportunity for Finland to share the extensive knowledge and research they have conducted on health and digital healthcare.
- At HUS the Health Village is something that we proudly present to our international colleagues. The service provides understandable and reliable information about health, self-care and treatment for medical conditions, says Chief Medical Officer Markku Mäkijärvi from HUS.
Within the conference’s topics include Systems & Organisational Governance, Sustainability, Digital Transformation, Personalization, Integration and Value-Based Healthcare. The sessions conducted during the conference will cover each of these sub-themes and a Call for Abstracts has been launched to the scientific community.
- EHMA 2019 will bring together healthcare managers, educators, researchers, healthcare professionals and students from Europe and beyond to discuss and learn about best practices and how we can make the shift to health management 2.0 and with this to more efficient health systems, says Deputy Director General Marina Erhola from THL.
Espoo was a natural destination choice for EHMA
- EHMA was really excited to choose Espoo and Dipoli in particular as EHMA’s 2019 Annual conference home during the period of 17-19 June. We strive to deliver as eco-sustainable conference as possible, leaving our legacy behind, and we found in the City of Espoo an amazing partner to achieve our goals. With professionalism and attention they guide us through the planning process and will help us to have an extremely successful conference. With the climate change and other challenges, we feel that sustainability of health systems is a really crucial topic and there is no better place to address it than Espoo, which with its beautiful nature reminds us what we can lose if we do not succeed.
Dipoli - Aalto University Main Building will provide for EHMA a new look and a refreshingly unique natural environment. The iconic venue, designed by Finnish architects Raili and Reima Pietilä in the 60s, was refurbished in 2017 to incorporate a modern Finnish touch. Located 30 min from Helsinki airport and a short underground trip from downtown Helsinki, next to the sea, in boundless nature - it’s a true inspiration, which will facilitate a fresh, creative and dynamic EHMA 2019 delegates’ experience, says Events Manager Nadia Rubtsova from EHMA.
Miikka Valo, Director of Tourism & Convention at Espoo Marketing is delighted of EHMA´s choice and their sustainability approach to the event organization.
- EHMA’s goal to arrange a sustainable conference is obviously a great initiative for a sustainable city like Espoo and we are very happy to support the organizers with their plans to leave a longer lasting legacy as well. We are also happy about the fact that with the expected 500 delegates, EHMA 2019 Conference will be one of the largest conferences in Espoo this year.
More information: https://www.ehma2019.org/