Camping sites in Espoo
Espoo has many different camping areas for everyone's needs. Areas can be found from the shelters of Nuuksio National Park to the rocky islands.
Nuuksio National Park and surroundings
Camping areas with campfire facilities in Nuuksio
- Mustalampi: Two camping areas are in the artificial lake, just 500 meters from Hawk Nest base camp. The specialty of the lake is the turf rafts floating on the lake. The tent areas are on the north side of the cliffs. There are also two campfire areas and an outdoor toilet. The nearest water point is at Hawk Nest base camp.
- Haukanholma: The Haukanholma campsite is located less than a kilometer away from the Hawk Nest base camp, on the shore of the Hawk Lake. There is a covered cooking site and a campfire site in connection to the camping grounds. The water must be carried from Hawk Nest, and the outhouse can also be found there. Cafe Silva is open in the daytime and offers snacks, coffee, and beverages just 500 meters away from the camping area.
- Holma-Saarijärvi: Tent area is by the Korpinkierros hiking trail some two kilometers from the Hawk Nest resort. This camping area features two camping sites, one on the southwestern shore and one on an island in the lake. Both of campsites are equipped with campfire places and outhouses. There is a traditional wanderer’s hut beside the bridge leading to the island.
- Iso-Holma: Almost hidden forest lake in the Nuuksio, located some two kilometers from the Hawk Nest resort. The lake itself is surrounded by the forest and steep cliffs. The camping grounds and campfire sites can be found on the eastern cape of the lake. There is also an outhouse.
- Saarilampi: A small pond is located in the Vihti area, in the west of Nuuksio. The tent area and campfire site are in the north side of the pond.
- Urja: The tent area is located in the Nuuksio, northern Espoo. The lake is deep and clear. There is a campfire site.
- Vääräjärvi: The lake is located in the northern part of Nuuksio. The tent area is on the east side of the lake and has a campfire site and an outhouse.
- Yli-Takkula: Overnight stays in the Yli-Takkula area are permitted unless specifically prohibited. The campfire is only allowed at marked locations.
- Kattilajärvi: Kattilajärvi recreation area is located on the shore of the large and clear lake. The terrain is rocky and varied. The area has an open fireplace and reservable campfire shelter.
- Kolmoislampi: Bookable tent area is in the southern part of Nuuksio. Reservations and more information from Haltia.
Tent areas without campfire facilities and outhouses
- Valkealampi: The pond is located in the northeastern part of Nuuksio and the tent area is in the east side of the pond.
- Pöksynhaara: Pond is located on the border of Espoo and Vihti in northeastern Nuuksio. The tent area is in the north side of the pond.
- Valkialampi: A small pond is located in the southeast of Nuuksio, near of the lake Kattilajärvi.
Oittaa Recreation Area
Camping area is closed.
Espoo Archipelago and recreational islands
- Bylandet: The island is located on the Kirkkonummi, front of Porkkala. There are campfire areas, firewoods, outhouses and a pier for boaters.
- Gåsgrund: The terrain of the island is variable from cliffs to lush meadows. There are beaches suitable for swimming on the north shore of the island. The island has campfire areas, firewoods, outhouses and a pier for boaters. The island also has surveillance and in the summer it is easily accessible by scheduled archipelago boats.
- Knapperskär: The island is quite shallow and smooth with a campfire area, firewoods and an outhouse.
- Rövargrundet: The island is islet and there are few trees and space only a few tents. The island has campfire area and an outhouse.
- Rövaren: The island is mainly rocky and a popular camping island. The forests of the island are pine forests with blueberries and lingonberries. There are camping areas, firewoods, outhouses, a pier for boaters and in the summer it is easily accessible by scheduled archipelago boats.
- Stora Herrö: The beaches of the island are rocky, but there are also sandy bays with meadows on the eastern shore, the forests are mostly pine forests. Stora Herrö has private areas, but most of the north and eastern shores of the island are open areas. The island has a rental sauna, campfire areas with firewoods, outhouses, observation tower and a pier for boaters. The island also has surveillance and in the summer it is easily accessible by scheduled archipelago boats.
- Torra Lövö: The coastline of the island is rocky, smooth rocky and meadows. The island has a pier and a cooking area.
Salmi recreational area
Salmi outdoor area is located north of Nuuksio in the municipality of Vihti. The area has a camping area, three cooking huts, two campfire areas, toilets, a sauna, a nature trail, a fireplace room, two playgrounds, outdoor trails, signage boards and a parking area. You can also fish in the area.
Väransby recreational area
The camping area is located in Hirsala, Kirkkonummi. There is a three-kilometer-long seaside area which has great swimming areas, campfire areas and wells. The area is open until 31.10.