The CarbonWise project makes companies aware of their carbon footprint and the parameters it consists of, finds ways to decrease it and builds up a competitive advantage based on a carbon-wise strategy. This project encourages companies to re-examine their product and service development and consider the possibilities offered by circular economy and climate challenge-based wise activities. Being carbon-wise refers to implementing company activities in a way that minimises the negative environmental impact throughout the product life cycle and organisation level activities.
Objectives of the project
- To enable companies to understand, monitor and analyse their carbon footprint parameters in order to minimise their carbon footprint.
- To provide companies with means and tools for minimising their carbon footprint as well as ways to implement compensation and carbon handprint activities.
- To encourage companies to aim at having a competitive advantage based on a carbon-wise brand design strategy.
- To promote corporate responsibility at regional level and to encourage innovative solutions, trials and pilots.
- To demonstrate ways to reduce the carbon footprint of cities and to make actions transparent by having a positive impact on the everyday lives of the residents.
The target group of the development actions in Espoo are companies in the tourism industry.
The CarbonWise project is a joint project of Enter Espoo Oy, BusinessOulu (coordinator) and Turku University of Applied Sciences. The project is funded by the European Regional Development Fund through the “Six City Strategy” from 2020 to 2021. Project period is April 1st, 2020–December 31st, 2021.
Enter Espoo Oy
Tel. +358 (0)43 827 3271