AALTO UNIVERSITY METRO STATION
The Aalto University station is located in the centre of Otaniemi – a hub of science and student life. The stations pays tribute to the world-renowned architect Alvar Aalto with its red and brown colours and style.
In Otaniemi, you will encounter the respected science and research community, the world’s hottest Startup Sauna and a bustling student culture. Nature is also close by. The Laajalahti Natural Reserve and Espoo’s Rantaraitti are a short walking distance from the metro station. Otaniemi also allows you to take the metro to sea: there is a scheduled boat route from the shore to Espoo’s wonderful islands for outdoor activities.
TOP SITES IN OTANIEMI
Experiences and activities:
- The architecture designed by Alvar Aalto and Reima and Raili Pietilä
- Design Factory
- Geo Exhibition by the Geological Survey of Finland
- Laajalahti Natural Reserve
- Local nature excursions (Piece of Forest)
- Otaniemi Chapel (designed by Heikki and Kaija Siren)
- Otaniemi sports field
- Polyteekkarimuseo (Museum of technical student cultural history)
- Boat route to Espoo’s islands for excursions
- Startup Sauna
- Urban Mill