Espoo by bike
Espoo is a great city to explore on your bike! Maybe even keep a diary of your cycling trips, share it with others and follow our cycling tips! Cycling is so much fun so why not share it to others! Before going outdoors and exploring Espoo, have a look at one of our cycling videos made at Route 2000
During cycling season you can use city bikes in Espoo. City bikes are an excellent way to more around Espoo and using city bikes is convenient. You can find over a hundred city bike stations in Espoo.
More information about city bikes at Helsinki Region Transport (HSL).
Many of the local hotels offer bikes for their guests - ask from the reception!
Fat bike rental points
- Natura Viva's Fat bike rentals in Haukkalampi, in Nuuksio National Park, and at Hotel Korpilampi (self-service rental). Natura Viva offers also guided fat bike tours in Nuuksio.
From Korpilampi you can head for example to Luukki outdoor area.
- Water Sports Center Laguuni in Keilaniemi seashore. From Laguuni you can easily get to the beautiful Waterfront Walkway Rantaraitti. Fat Bikes at Laguuni are electric ones. Ready-made route maps, electrical assistance and awesome landscapes make your bike adventure special.
- Biking.fi rents fat bikes for independent cycling from Haltia Nature Center and Nuuksio North Gate. You can book the bikes via Bookingpointi.fi.
- Långvik Congress Wellness Hotel rents fat bikes for their guests.
Trails in Nuuksio National Park
There are trails for bikes in Nuuksio as well. Please notice that not all trails are permitted for cyclists.
Visit Espoo's themed cycling routes
Explore the Sports Tracker service and routes that Visit Espoo have created for you! By creating your own profile, you have the chance to share your own routes with us. Of course, you can print these maps into your pocket and go out to explore the cycling routes in Espoo.
- Visit Espoo Culture
The route starts from Tapiola Central Tower and continues to Otaranta in Otaniemi and Keilalahti. When cycling back to Tapiola one can pass Kino Tapiola and Tapiola church. The route is 7,2 km long and takes about 35-40 minutes.
- Visit Espoo Sea
Beautiful landscape, delightful scenery, beaches and possibility to hop onboard an archipelago boat from Haukilahti or Mellsten beach. This route is safe and is suitable for children as well. The route is 9 km long and takes about 40 minutes.
- Visit Espoo Nature
Along the trip one can stop in Pirttimäki Recreational Area and have a coffee break or grill sausage. Go for a swim in Myllyjärvi. Manor Backby is located at the end of Lake Bodom. The route ends to Bemböle Coffee House. The route is 17,5 km long and takes about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Visit Espoo Workout
Longer and more challenging route, but enjoyable cycling terrain along the King's Road and Waterfront Walkway. Along the Waterfront Walkway, there is beautiful seaside scenery and cosy summer cafés and beaches. One can become acquainted with the Espoo cathedral and Espoo Manor. The route is 53 km long and takes about 3 hours.
- Visit Espoo Goes Helsinki
Marine route from Espoo to Helsinki and back! Good starting points are for example Klaus K, Stockmann, Keilaniemi or Meilahti... Scenic landscape and good cycle tracks. The route is 20 km long and takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes.