Haltia Lake Lodge opens next door to Finnish Nature Center Haltia
A hotel committed to sustainability, environmental friendliness and nature activities is opening in Nuuksio, next to Finnish Nature Center Haltia.
- There is currently no hotel-level accommodation anywhere near Haltia. Haltia Lake Lodge fills this gap, so companies and communities can benefit of coming together in a natural environment, says Teemu Tuomarla, CEO of Haltia Lake Lodge.
- We do not sell accommodation. We enable nature experiences for our guests. For some, the experience may be a fish hooked and self-fried from Nuuksio's Pitkäjärvi, for some a spring birding trip led by an expert guide, a two-day kayaking safari or a simulation exercise for surviving a snowstorm. The main purpose of our lodge is to serve each guest in living the nature experience of their choice
Nature tourism attracts
- Sustainable practices and environmental values guide all our operations. Guests will be provided with information and instructions on the importance of their own choices and on the special features of the area's nature and respect for them. We are committed to Metsähallitus' principles of Sustainable Tourism, we will join the Sustainable Travel Finland program and obtain an environmental certificate suitable for our operations. We do not use plastic or disposable packaging and the electricity we use is 100% generated by wind power, says Tuomarla. Carbon negativity is set to be achieved by 2023.
- We firmly believe in our idea and our plan to create value for our guests. Exceptional circumstances have shown the appeal of nature tourism. Such destinations will certainly be among the number one options for foreign tour operators when tourism to Finland begins to recover again.
- Time needs bold openings and positive stories. The hotel will also create new jobs and provide more work for entrepreneurs operating in the Nuuksio area, Tuomarla says.
The hotel opens in summer 2021
The property of the new hotel has previously been used by the nearby Solvalla Sports Institute. Foribon Oy is completely renovating these buildings for hotel use. The hotel will have 20 standard rooms and 3 family rooms. In additions, guests can enjoy a lounge and bar facilities, as well as a design shop selling Finnish local and design products.
Haltia's meeting guests are expected to make a significant contribution to the new hotel's business.
The renovation of the hotel is expected to be completed by summer 2021 and the doors are scheduled to open in August. The company also plans to expand in the vicinity of Haltia.
Mr. Teemu Tuomarla, CEO, tel. 040-579 7858, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Timo Tammisto, Chairman of the Board, tel. 040-838 3473, email@example.com