Scheduled archipelago boats
A scheduled boat carries you swiftly to and from the islands in the Espoo archipelago. In just one day you have time to visit a couple of these attractive little islands.
Espoo has 58 km of seashore and 165 islands. Why not try camping on one of the seven islands where camping is allowed. These islands are equipped for the needs of campers and trekkers. They have piers, covered cooking facilities, toilets and wells. The well water is not drinkable, so it is advisible to bring along drinking water. The city provides fire woods and takes care of waste management.
Upload Tripsteri Travel App Espoo and explore also other attractions and places in Espoo. By using the App you can follow different types of planned routes or plan your own route. How does it sound to experience "Weekend island hopping in Espoo"?
Camping is allowed on following islands:
More information about the recreational islands can be found in the Archipelago Guide (pdf, 4,33 Mt)
Scheduled archibelago boats operate to/from the following islands:
Scheduled boat service to and from Espoo's islands operates throughout the summer from June to August. Passenger amount and weather conditions may affect the schedules.
- Adults 6 €, return 12 €
- Under 18 years and special groups 3 €, return 6 €
- Children under 7 years travel for free with an adult
- Return ticket from Suomenoja, Haukilahti and Nokkala to Iso Vasikkasaari 3 € / 6 €
- Return ticket from Kivenlahti, Ristiniemi, Soukka, Suinonsalmi and Suomenoja to Pentala 3 € / 6 €
- Free-of-charge with the +68 Sportti wristband
- An archipelago friend with +68 Sportti wristband holder free-of-charge. An archipelago friend can be for example an adult child, a relative or an acquaintance.
The HSL Travel Card is not valid on the scheduled archipelago boats.
Due to corona situation:
- It is recommended that you wear a mask.
- Stay at least a couple of metres away from other people.
- Take care of hygiene, blow your nose into a tissue and cough into your sleeve.
- Please note, that toilets are not in use.
- We prefer card payments (contactless payment). If you have to use cash, please take even money with you. For routes from Kivenlahti and to Archipelago Museum Pentala you can buy tickets online.
- Haukilahti, Haukilahti boat harbour / Mellstenintie
- Kivenlahti, Kivenlahti boat harbour / Marinsatamantie
- Matinkylä, Nokkala boat harbour / Nokkalanniemi
- Otaniemi, Otasatama boat harbour / Otaranta
- Pentala Archipelago Museum
- Suomenoja, Suomenoja boat harbour
- Suinonsalmi / Suvisaarentie
- Soukka, Klobben boat harbour / Soukanlahdentie
Timetables 5.6. - 29.8.2021
During 5.6.-9.8 on Tue - Sun after which only on weekends 14.-15.8., 21.-22.8. and 28.-29.8.
On Midsummer Eve boats operate according to the normal schedule.
Routes to Iso Vasikkasaari
m/s Wellamo, tel. 045 615 1632
Suomenoja - Iso Vasikkasaari
From Suomenoja to Iso Vasikkasaari: 9.00, 11.00, 13.00, 15.00, 17.00 and 19.00
From Iso Vasikkasaari to Suomenoja: 10.45, 12.45, 14.45, 16.45, 18.45 and 20.45
Haukilahti - Iso Vasikkasaari
From Haukilahti to Iso Vasikkasaari: 9.30, 10.15, 11.30, 12.15, 13.30, 14.15, 15.30, 16.15, 17.30, 18.12, 19.30 and 20.15
From Iso Vasikkasaari to Haukilahti: 9.15, 10.00, 11.15, 12.00, 13.15, 14.00, 15.15, 16.00, 17.15, 18.00, 19.15 and 20.00
Nokkala - Iso Vasikkasaari
From Nokkala to Iso Vasikkasaari: 9.45, 10.30, 11.45, 12.30, 13.45, 14.30, 15.45, 16.30, 17.45, 18.30, 19.45 and 20.30
From Iso Vasikkasaari to Nokkala (via Haukilahti): 9.15, 10.00, 11.15, 12.00, 13.15, 14.00, 15.15, 16.00, 17.15, 18.00, 19.15 and 20.00
Route from Kivenlahti
m/s Merisaraste, tel. 044 971 9560
Other useful information:
- Archipelago guide (pdf, 4,33 Mt)