Iso Vasikkasaari is a great day trip destination only a few minutes ferry ride away from the shore.
Nature on the island is diverse and luxuriant. A scheduled archipelago boat stops at the island’s pier. Except for the north-west corner, all of Iso Vasikkasaari is a recreational area.
Perhaps the most unique building on all of Espoo’s islands, a pavilion imitating a temple to Poseidon, is situated at the private area. The island’s shores are surrounded by water meadows, which are most diverse in the southern parts of the island. On the island, there is an old fisherman’s cabin, which serves as a kiosk. Camping at the island is not allowed. The summer restaurant Gula Villan operates on the island.
- café and summer restaurant
- cooking shelters + firewood, WC (also handicap toilet)
- playground equipment for children
- drinking water
- lawn areas
- swimming beach
- lookout tower
- mooring buoys and rings
- trail network (some trails are also suitable for the physically handicapped)
- ferry pier + regular service