Tentsile Experience ”Night in the tree” - A memorable way to explore Finnish nature.
Tentsile Experience ”Night in the tree”
Green Eco Camp in Nuuksio National Park, Finland
World first Tentsile Experience EcoCamp founded 2016 in the Nuuksio National Park area. It is the greenest area for Eco Camp and is called ”Night in the Tree”. It is a very ecological way to experience nature via a new experiential tree tent experience ”Night in the Tree”. Eco Camp creates a unique link in with nature and the environment.
NOTICE for guests:
Due to the coronavirus, we will reduce the number of accommodations from seven to five for June and July 2020 in Nuuksio. In this way, we guarantee everyone their own peace and plenty of space to enjoy the experience. In Nuuksio, we disinfect the floors of the accommodations after every overnight stay.
LOCATION AND ARRIVAL
Nuuksio EcoCamp area is located next to the Finnish Nature Center Haltia and is open from 1st June until 30th September. It´s possible to arrive either by public transportation or by your own car. Free parking lots are available. Upon arrival between 2.00 - 3.00 pm, the meeting point is the front door of Haltia. The guide introduces you Haltia and the surrounding services as well as the shower and toilet facilities. The distance from Haltia to the ecocamp area is just 3 min walk.
The capacity of the are is 7 Stringray Tentsile for max 21 persons.
1 - 2 prs for 3 prs Stingray Tentsile tree tent+ Trillium Hammock 180 EUR / nght.
3 prs for 3 prs Stingray Tentisle tree tent+ Trillium Hammock 240 EUR / night.
- Tentsile Stingray tree tent+Trillium Hammock
- Trillium Hammocks can be used to add sleeping space for fellow campers, or simply to expand the space of your tree tent for extra gear, shoes, dogs or wet stuff.
- Sleeping bags, Sleeping bags liners, Towels
- Breakfast at Restaurant Haltia the Finnish Nature Centre
- Tickets to main exhibition and special exhibition Haltia the Finnish Nature Centre
- Teepee hut on Tentsile area for a common residence, campfire firewoods, tea pot, cups, plates, tea, mustard, napkins and tables and benches, drinking water.
- Indoor toilet and shower
- Head lamps for dark nights
July and August are the best season in Finland. The air temperature is around +19-25 degres and the water in the lakes is around 20 degrees. Some warm rainy days may include.
What should I pack?
You need clothes and shoes according to the weather conditions.
Personal clothing and supplies for overnight stay.
- Hiking shoes or boots
- Rain/windproof jacket and trousers
- Hiking shirts and trousers
- Thermal top and bottom
- Warm jacket or sweater
- Warm hat and gloves/mittens
- Water bottle
- Head torch
- Swimsuit and towel
- Sun protection (hat, sunglasses and sunblock)
- Small backpack for carrying personal items
How fit do I need to be?
No particular level of fitness is needed to enjoy this trip. Just bring your sense of adventure and a willingness to try new things!
Events/Activities in Nuuksio area:
Possibility of swimming in the lake of Nuuksio Long lake. Marked hiking trails start near Eco Camping area.
Haltia, the Finnish Nature Centre, where you can find marvelous exhibition of the Finnish nature. Haltia is located 50 meters from the Eco Camp Area
Rent a high quality fatbike for three hours in Nuuksio National Park. Read more and book.
More information about Nuuksio National Park will be found here.
You are making a responsible choice when you select an environmentally certified service provider.