Espoo's top 50 attractions revealed by our followers
We asked – you answered. Earlier in spring 2022, we asked the followers of Visit Espoo channels for help to figure out Espoo’s best attractions; the result was an unbeatable list! We put together a TOP50 list based on the suggestions of the followers of Visit Espoo social media channels, in other words, the best Espoo experts and visitors to Espoo. The list provides options for day trip destinations or even after-work activities. The suggestions included both firm favourites as well as wonderful less-well-known gems.
Espoo's top50 attractions
You were amazing! We received many, many suggestions, and because we did not want to leave out any of them, we combined them a little to include them all on the list. Check the weather forecast and choose the best combination of attractions and head out on an expedition!
Espoo is full of wonderful destinations, and naturally, this list does not include them all. You can keep suggesting your favourite places and hidden gems not found on the list – whether you wish to share with us a popular destination for the general public such as a kindly old tree stump in your local forest or a breath-taking view from a hideaway, we want to hear about it! If you wish to share your experiences on social media, tag @visitespoo and use the hashtag #EspooTop50, if you want to.
Note: The list is not following alphabetical or favorability order.
2. Espoo Central Park (year-round oasis for recreation and physical activity and berries-mushroom picking)
3. Espoo’s 95 Lakes such as Myllyjärvi, Lippajärvi, Kaitalampi, Sorvalampi, Pitkäjärvi and Hannusjärvi
5. Espoonlahti Nature Reserve and Fiskarsinmäki nature trail
6. Espoo’s sandy beaches: Matinkylä Beach, Haukilahti Beach, Kivenlahti Beach and Kivenlahti’s cliffs, Klobben/Soukka beach
13. Churches such as Espoo Cathedral and Pappilanmäki, Espoonlahti Church
17. Gallen-Kallela Museum and Tarvaspää district
18. Espoonkartano Manor’s Stone Bridge
20. Bemböle’s Mill Ruins
31. Karhusaari island and Sinebryhoff mansion
32. Manors and Parks: Träskända manor and Träskända park, Gumböle manor, Alberga manor park and old Alberga garden
37. Laajalahti Nature Reserve
42. Café Mellsten
43. Café Merenneito
46. Haukilahden Helmi restaurant and Haukilahti Harbour
47. Restaurant Plats
48. Kaisan Café
49. Haukilahti Tower and panoramic restaurant Haikaranpesä
50. Nokkalan Majakka restaurant (in shape of lighthouse)
Hero Image: Omar El Mrabt